Creamy Potato and Vegetable Casserole
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- 1 medium russet or Yukon Gold potato or 4 red potatoes
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4-ounc) can cream of celery soup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (1-ounc) can mild diced tomatoes in chiles
- Cut potatoes into uniform 1/2-inch cubes. Place in microwave safe dish with broccoli florets.
- In a bowl, combine cream of celery soup, milk, Cajun seasoning and diced tomatoes and chiles. Stir until combined and pour over potatoes and broccoli. Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap and place in microwave. Microwave on HIGH for 20 minutes* or until potatoes are done. Let sit 2 minutes. Use oven mitts to carefully remove from microwave and serve. CAUTION: Due to steam build-up, use oven mitts or tongs to remove plastic wrap from dish.
* Cooking times may vary depending on your particular microwave.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board