Creamy Lemon Rice
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1/2cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2cups uncooked long grain white rice
- -- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 3cups chicken broth, boiling
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1cup heavy cream
- -- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in the rice and lemon zest. Cook for 5 minutes or until the rice is opaque, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth and salt. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbd. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the cream slowly, stirring constantly. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until the cream is absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior Leage of Lafayette, Inc., Something to Talk About, Occasions We Celebrate in South Louisiana (the Junior League of Lafayette, Inc., 2005)