Mark Boughton/styling: Teresa Blackburn
- 2tablespoons butter
- 3tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2cups 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 1/2cup half-and-half
- 12ounces dry ziti pasta, cooked until al dente and drained
- 4cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2cups chopped fresh kale
- 3ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2ounces grated Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, whisk in flour, and cook 2 minutes. Add milk and cream, whisk, and cook until creamy and thick, about 5 minutes.
- Combine pasta, spinach, kale, sauce, cheeses and toss gently. Place in a 3-quart casserole dish, cover, and bake 30 minutes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 386
- Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 38mg
- Sodium 236mg
- Carbohydrate 52g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 17g