Creamy Cranberry Salad
- Yield: 12 servings
- 3cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 (20-ounce) can unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2cups miniature marshmallows
- 1medium apple, chopped
- 1/2cup sugar (or sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) carton frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, pineapple, marshmallows, apple, sugar substitute and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, fold in whipped topping and walnuts.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association