Creamy Cranberry Salad
- Yield 12 servings
This fruit salad featuring cranberries, pineapple, apples and marshmallows is tossed with a reduced-fat whipped topping for a light and healthy treat.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 -- (20-ounce) can unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar (or sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 -- (8-ounce) carton frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, pineapple, marshmallows, apple, sugar substitute and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, fold in whipped topping and walnuts.