Creamy Chicken Soup with Rice
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2-- chicken quarters or 1 (2-pound) fryer
- 1-- potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2cup brown jasmine or basmati rice
- 2cups 2-percent reduced-fat milk
- 2tablespoons flour
- 3ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2cup half0-and-half
- Place chicken quarters in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 hours. Remove chicken and strain broth. Remove chicken from bones and discard bones.
- Add potato and rice to broth; simmer 30 minutes. Add chicken. Whisk milk and flour together until smooth. Add to soup and cook 15 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and half-and-half.