Creamy Chicken and Spinach
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
This creamy reduced-fat spinach topped with chicken and cheese will easily satisfy your taste for a rich dish.
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -- onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 -- (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Blend in cream cheese and gradually add milk, mashing with a spoon until cream cheese is melted. Stir in spinach. Transfer spinach mixture to a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with cooked chicken and sprinkle with Monterey Jack. Bake 10 minutes, uncovered, or until cheese is melted and dish is heated throughout.