Creamy Chicken and Linguine
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- Prep 10 minutes
- Cook 15 minutes
Pasta is tossed with sauteed chicken, garlic and mushrooms in this satisfying, hearty main dish from Crisco Cooking Oils.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (5-ounce) can PET® Evaporated Milk
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, garlic and mushrooms; sauté until onions are soft and chicken is lightly browned. Stir in salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Add green onions, diced tomatoes with juice and evaporated milk; bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir. Simmer 5 to 6 minutes. Toss with pasta; serve.
Recipe courtesy of Crisco Cooking Oils.