Creamy Cheesey Chicken and Wild Rice in Crockpot
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- nice chicken breast, skinless
- 1package Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice mix
- 1tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1package 8 oz. of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1can low sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1can low sodium cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2can low sodium chicken broth
- 1-- capful of Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning
- 1 1/2teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2teaspoon dried basil
- First spray or line your crockpot. Brown your chicken breast in the olive oil. While chicken is browning pour the rice in the bottom of your crockpot (do not use the seasoning packet-save for another use), add the brown chicken, next saute your mushrooms until slightly tender in the same pan you browned your chicken, place them over the chicken.
- Next in a medium bowl combine the soups and chicken broth. Mix well and pour over chicken and mushrooms. Sprinkle seasonings on top and place the lid on your crockpot. '
- Cook on low for 4 hours. After 3 hours check and spoon the soup mixure over the chicken if not covered completely. Serve with your favorite veggie.
- Note: you can substitute boneless pork chops in place of the chicken.