Creamy Cheese Polenta
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
Spoon a mound of soft polenta onto plates. Place sliced Rosemary Apricot Pork Tenderloin on top and drizzle on any extra apricot glaze.
- 2cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2cups 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 1cup polenta or yellow stone-ground cornmeal
- 1/8teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- 1/3cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Place broth and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add polenta, whisking to prevent clumping. Reduce heat to low. Add thyme, if using, and cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed and polenta is creamy and thoroughly cooked, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add cheese, butter and salt, stirring gently until incorporated. Serve with Rosemary Apricot Pork Tenderloin.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 120
- Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 400mg
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 5g