Creamy Cheese Polenta
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 10 mins
As a side dish or a stand-alone, polenta is a classic Old World comfort food.
Spoon a mound of soft polenta onto plates. Place sliced Rosemary Apricot Pork Tenderloin on top and drizzle on any extra apricot glaze.
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup polenta or yellow stone-ground cornmeal
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place broth and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add polenta, whisking to prevent clumping. Reduce heat to low. Add thyme, if using, and cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed and polenta is creamy and thoroughly cooked, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add cheese, butter and salt, stirring gently until incorporated. Serve with Rosemary Apricot Pork Tenderloin.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton