Creamy Cauliflower Casserole
- Yield: servings
"I have been making this dish for a number of years. It is always a favorite at family dinners. Even the kids love it. And, best of all, it's so easy to make."
- 1medium head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- One 10-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 1cup shredded medium Cheddar
- 1 sleeve butter crackers, crushed
- 2tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease an 8-inch-square baking dish.
- Place cauliflower in a vegetable steam. Steam, covered, until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Combine the soup and mayonnaise in a large bowl; mix well. Stir in the Cheddar. Add the cauliflower and mix gently until well coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the cracker crumbs over the top and drizzle evenly with the melted butter. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes, or until golden.
Recipe by Terry Martin, Dublin, Va.