Creamy Brown Butter Farfalle with Asparagus and Crispy Prosciutto
- 1pound farfalle pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices prosciutto
- Creamy Brown Butter Sauce
- 3tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3tablespoons flour
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 3/4cup freshly grated parmesan + extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a medium bowl toss asparagus pieces with olive oil. Spread out into an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes or until fork tender. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375F. Lay the slices of prosciutto on a clean, lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, until crispy. Remove from oven and crush into small pieces once cool enough to touch. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the farfalle pasta according to the directions on the package until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Melt and brown the butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Once the butter turns brown and gives off a nutty aroma, stir in the flour. When the mixture becomes sticky and tacky, pour in the heavy cream and stir to combine. Allow the mixture to thicken, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in garlic powder, salt, pepper and parmesan. Remove from heat and stir the sauce until the parmesan is melted.
- Drain pasta and return to the empty pan over low heat. Stir in asparagus and prosciutto. Pour over sauce and gently stir until everything is coated. Serve immediately with extra parmesan.
This recipe from Honest Cooking was posted with permission and originally appeared as Creamy Brown Butter Farfalle with Asparagus and Crispy Prosciutto on Cake ‘n Knife.