Creamy Beef Burgundy
- Yield: 10 servings
"My family was tired of the traditional ham or turkey for our holiday dinner, so I decided to fix this recipe for our celebration. It was a big hit and I have been preparing it each year by request."
- 4pounds boneless chuck roast or round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3 (10-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1cup burgundy or other dry red wine
- 1 (13-ounce) can mushroom slices or pieces, drained
- 1 (1-ounce) packet dried onion-mushroom soup mix
- Cooked rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Combine roast, soups, wine, mushrooms and soup mix in a Dutch oven. Cover and cook 4 hours, or until the beef is very tender.
- Serve over cooked rice, egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
Recipe by Juanita Barnhart, Greenfield, Ind.