Cream Short Pastry Dough
- 12 ounces unbleached all purpose flour (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 ounces unsalted Real California butter (12 tablespoons), cut into 1-inch pieces and chilled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Real California crème fraîche
- Combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Whisk egg and crème fraîche together well. Combine with flour mixture just until the dough begins to come together.
- Turn out onto a floured work surface. Gather dough together, shape into a disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm before rolling out.
Note: Pastry dough can be made up to 1 day in advance and refrigerated. You can freeze the dough for up to three months. Thaw frozen dough in the refrigerator before rolling out.