Cream of Peanut Soup from Fort Myers
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2tablespoons (heaping) creamy peanut butter
- 1cup hot water
- 1teaspoon cornstarch
- 1cup chicken stock, chilled
- 2cups evaporated milk or half-and-half
- 2teaspoons minced onion or onion flakes
- 1teaspoon salt
- Dissolve the peanut butter in the hot water in a saucepan. Blend the cornstarch into the chicken stock in a cup. Stir into the peanut butter mixture. Add evaporated milk, onion and salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened and heated through, stirring constantly. You may chill this soup and reheat with good results.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Ft. Myers’ Tropical Settings (the Junior League of Ft. Myers, Inc., Ft. Myers, Fl., 1995).