Cream Cheese Potatoes
- Yield servings
- 10 medium red potatoes (skin on or off)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 cup scalded milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese
- Boil and whip potatoes. Add other ingredients. Put into greased pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350F. (With a glass pan, bake at 325F.)
Tips from our Test Kitchen: We find it easy to drain boiled potatoes, then add a cup of milk and scald. If desired, use fat-free cream cheese.
Recipe by Barbara Dick, Paris, Ill.