Cream Cheese Pecan Pie
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1large egg, beaten
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2cups chopped pecans
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1cup light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, egg, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Spread the mixture into the bottom of the pie crust. Sprinkle with pecan pieces.
- Combine topping ingredients and beat well. Pour over top of pecan pieces.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes, until topping is golden brown. Serve cold or warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Posted with permission from Me, Myself and Pie: Amish Recipes by Sherry Gore (Zondervan, 2014).