Cream Cheese Chocolate Cupcakes
- Yield: 12 servings
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 1/3cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1cup water
- 1/3cup vegetable oil
- 1tablespoon white vinegar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin pan with paper liners (12).
- Filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, egg and vanilla; continue beating until smooth. Set aside.
- Cupcakes: In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking soda together. In another bowl, mix water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in wet mixture; mix until smooth. Pour batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of the cream cheese filling into the center of each filled muffin cup.
- Bake 25 minutes.