Cream Cheese Cupcakes with Fresh Berries
- Yield: servings
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4cups sugar, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1 3/4teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1cup sour cream
- 2tablespoons jam, divided
- Fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line 24 cups of muffin tins with paper liners. Beat cream cheese with 1 cup sugar and eggs. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Pour batter into muffin liners, two-thirds full. Bake 40 minutes.
- To prepare filling, mix sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Remove cup cakes from the oven. They will fall in the middle. Fill hole with sour cream mixture. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon jam on top. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh berries.
—Wilma Mahon, Honsdale, Pennsylvania