Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
"A friend prepared this for a ladies meeting at church and after just one bite, my good friend, who likes to cook too, and I looked at each other and said 'We've got to get that recipe!' I'm working on having my own cookbook published, and this recipe immediately went under my section of desserts. "
- 2 (8-ounce) packages crescent rolls
- 2 (8-ounces) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1/2cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg, separated
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9″ X 13″ X 2″ baking pan.
- Press one tube of rolls on bottom of pan, sealing perforations.
- Beat cream cheese with 1 cup sugar until smooth. Add egg yolk and vanilla;blend.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over rolls. Spread evenly.
- Spread second tube of rolls over cream cheese. (I usually roll it out on a floured board so it’s spread wide enough to cover). Seal edges to sides of pan.
- Slightly beat egg white. Brush over rolls.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and nuts and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until brown. Serve warm. May be prepared a day ahead – remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Marsha Baker, Pioneer, Ohio