Cream Cheese Bread Pudding
- Yield 8 servings
Bread pudding is always a popular dessert; with the cream cheese topping it reaches new heights!
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread
- 2 eggs, divided
- 4 egg whites, divided
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon imitation butter flavoring
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Cube French bread into 1 inch apportionments. Arrange bread in a large baking dish coated with nonstick spray.
- Beat together 1 egg and 3 egg whites. Add 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla and butter flavoring and stir until combined. Gradually add milk to egg mixture, and stir until combined. Pour over bread squares. Garnish bread mixture with cinnamon.
- Beat cream cheese with remaining 1/2 cup sugar, then add remaining egg and egg white. Blend until smooth, then spread mixture evenly over soaked bread.
- Bake 45 minutes or until firm. Let stand a few minutes before serving.