Cream Cheese Bread Pudding
- Yield 8 servings
Bread pudding is always a popular dessert; with the cream cheese topping it reaches new heights!
- 1 -- (16-ounce) loaf French bread
- 2 -- eggs, divided
- 4 -- egg whites, divided
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon imitation butter flavoring
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Cut French bread into 1-inch squares. Place bread in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, lightly beat together 1 egg and 3 egg whites. Add 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla and butter flavoring; mix well. Slowly add milk to egg mixture, mixing well. Pour over bread squares. Sprinkle mixture with cinnamon.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Add remaining egg and egg white, blending until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over soaked bread.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes or until firm. Let cool slightly before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello's Eating Well Through Cancer: Easy Recipes & Recommendations During and After Treatment (2001).