Crawfish Pumpkin Soup
- Yield 8 servings
Simple ingredients create a snappy, smooth soup, perfect for fall.
The crawfish may be omitted for an easy pumpkin soup.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup skim milk or fat-free half-and-half
- 1 (16-ounce) bag crawfish tails, drained and rinsed
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In large nonstick pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion over medium heat until tender, 5 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and broth, and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add milk, crawfish, and nutmeg. Season to taste.
- Cook over low heat 10 minutes. Serve sprinkled with green onions. Makes 8 cups.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.