- Yield 6 servings
If crawfish tails are not available, substitute peeled shrimp.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, with their juices
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails, rinsed
- 2 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute garlic, onion and green pepper over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and chiles. Add crawfish tails and Canadian bacon, cooking over medium heat 10 minutes. Add parsley, green onions, and salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute longer to heat well. Stir in rice and mix well.