- Yield 16 servings
This deliciously zesty crawfish dish may be used as a casual dip or served over rice for flavor filled meal.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound crawfish tailes, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- In large nonstick skillet, melt butter and olive oil, sauté onion until tender, 5 minutes. Add garlic and flour into mixture, stirring 1 minute. Gradually add tomatoes and green chilies and milk, mixing well.
- Bring mixture to boil. Lower heat, stirring 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add crawfish and green onions, stirring until heated. Makes about 4 cups.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.