- 1 (8-ounce) package light cream cheese, cubed
- 2tablespoons margarine
- 2large onions, chopped
- 2large green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2pounds crawfish tails, rinsed
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 4ounces light pasteurized processed cheese spread, cubed
- 6cups cooked rice
- 2bunches green onions, chopped
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- dash white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In microwave, melt cream cheese in a microwaveproof dish 1 minute, stirring until melted; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt margarine over medium heat and saute onions and peppers until tender, about 5 minutes. Add crawfish tails and cook 10 minutes, or until well heated. Add cream of mushroom soup, cream cheese, cheese spread, cooked rice, green onions, garlic, cayenne and white pepper. Transfer to a 2- to 3-quart casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from One-Dish Favorites (Holly Clegg, 1997). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 213
- Fat 5.6g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Cholesterol 90mg
- Sodium 338mg
- Carbohydrate 24.7g
- Protein 15.5g