Cranberry Yam Bread
- Yield 12 pieces
Packed with beta carotene, sweet potatoes or yams are a healthy addition to this quick bread.
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes (yams) canned or cooked fresh
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, yams and vanilla. In separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, allspice, and baking soda. Make a well in the center. Pour yam mixture into well. Mix just until moistened. Stir in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick in center comes out clean.