Cranberry Wine Relish
- Yield 3 1/2 cups
This cranberry wine relish is terrific served with your favorite pork or chicken entree.
- 16 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar, or more to taste as desired
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 fresh orange cut into bite-sized pieces or 1 (11-ounce) can Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, glazed
- Combine all the ingredients, except walnuts, in a saucepan and stir well. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop open, about 10 minutes. Skim the foam off the surface with a spoon and discard. Add walnuts. Let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate, covered, up to 3 months. May be frozen.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association