Cranberry Walnut Quick Bread
- Yield 16 servings
The delicious flavors of cranberries and walnuts star in this easy-to-make bread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole cranberries, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Toast walnuts on a sheet pan for 8 to 10 minutes and allow to cool. Bring all ingredients to room temperature. Prepare an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan by greasing it with melted butter or pan spray.
- Combine sugar, salt, egg, orange juice, oil, buttermilk and orange zest in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and allspice. Add wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Stir in cranberries and walnuts until evenly distributed through the batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until cake tester comes out clean when poked in the center.