- Yield 3 cups
Spicy cranberry salsa is a perfect accompaniment to turkey sandwiches and a great dipper for pita chip.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 large oranges, peeled (white membranes removed), chopped and drained
- 1/4 cup each minced onion and salad oil
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh cilantro (coriander) and minced fresh ginger
- 1 small fresh hot green (jalapeno or serrano) chile, seeded and minced
- Chop cranberries in a food processor or blender, half at a time. Combine cranberries, orange peel, drained oranges, onion, oil, cilantro, ginger, and chile. Stir to blend; season to taste with salt. If made ahead, cover and refrigerate until next day.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association