Cranberry Raisin Relish with Walnuts
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- Prep 30 mins
- Cook 5 mins
A refreshing relish. Can be made in advance. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 weeks.
- 1/2 cup California Raisins
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or fozen
- 1 medium seedless orange
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread walnuts on baking sheet and toast 5 minutes or until fragrant, being careful not to brown. Set aside to cool
- Rinse cranberries in sieve and grind finely in food processor or meat grinder. Transfer to medium bowl.
- With small sharp knife, remove outer orange rind from orange without getting white pith underneath. Put rind in processor. Remove and discard pith and membrane under rind; cut orange in quarters, add to processor and chop finely.
- Add oranges, sugar, walnuts and raisins to cranberries; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 weeks; or freeze in airtight container several months.