Cranberry Pistachio Scones
- Yield 14 servings
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ORANGE ZEST
- 6 tablespoons BUTTER
- 1/3 cup sPLENDA GRANULAR
- 3/4 cup nON-FAT mILK
- 1/2 cup DRIED CRANBERRIES
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cream or tartar, soda, salt and orange rind.
- Add butter and with a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add the Spelnda and milk, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in cranberries and chopped pistachio nuts.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough to a 3/4 inch thickness and cut with a 2-1/2 inch round biscuit cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serve hot from the oven with orange marmalade.