Gluten-Free Cranberry Pistachio Muffins
- Yield 6 pieces
These muffins with a rich golden color feature the tartness of cranberries and the nutty flavor of pistachios.
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons GF baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 whole egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
- In a bowl or plastic bag, combine sorghum flour, quinoa flour, tapioca starch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt and cardamom. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg, milk, oil and vinegar until combined. Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Stir in cranberries and pistachios.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, dividing evenly. Let stand for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from the pan immediately and let cool completely on a rack.
Excerpted from The Gluten-Free Baking Book by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt © 2011 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.