Cranberry Pear Tarts
- Yield 30 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 15 mins
These tiny tarts are a smart alternative to pie.
By using honey and natural fruits, this recipe replaces traditional large quantities of granulated sugar. No question about it, this dessert is a great alternative—and delicious too!
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 -- ripe pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 -- (2.1-oz.) boxes mini Fillo (Phyllo) shells, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- -- Finely grated orange zest
- Place cranberries, honey, allspice and cinnamon in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in pears and simmer for 10 minutes or until excess liquid has cooked off.
- Let cool, then spoon mixture into Fillo cups. Top with walnuts, then lightly grate orange zest over the top.
Recipe courtesy of Patty Mastracco, I Do Food