Simple Cranberry Orange Relish
- 1/4cup freshly squeezed orange juice (no pulp)
- zest of one orange
- 1 1/2teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1package (12 oz) fresh cranberries
- 1teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine orange juice, orange zest, ginger, sugar, and 2/3 cup of water over medium heat.
2. Cook until sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in cranberries and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes.
5. Let cool completely before serving.
6. Garnish with orange zest.