Cranberry Orange Pecan Pie
- Yield 8 servings
Fresh cranberries and peacn make this pie a perfect holiday dessert.
The Cranberry Orange Pecan Pie, sent in by Irene Radke, makes a pretty and tasty dessert. "My husband's favorite pie is pecan pie, but it was always a little too rich for me. One day when I was making cranberry relish, I experimented with the cranberry and orange rind, and it came out great," says the resident of Bayfield, Wis.
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- Grated rind of 1 medium orange
- 1 (9-inch) piecrust, unbaked
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine cranberries with orange rind in a small bowl; mix well. Spoon into bottom of piecrust. Arrange pecan halves on top of cranberry mixture and press down slightly.
- Combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar and butter in a medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Pour evenly over the pecans. Bake 1 hour, or until set. Serves 8.
– Irene Radke, Bayfield, Wis.