Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake from Holly Clegg
- Yield 24 servings
Fresh or dried cranberries stud this reduced-calorie cake.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine flour and soda; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat oil and sugur until creamy. Add egg, egg whites and orange rind; beat mixture until light and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk, ending with dry ingredients, just until blended. Stir in cranberries.
- Pour batter into a 10-inch bundt pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done when a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and invert on serving plate. Mix together confectioners' sugar and orange juice; drizzle over cake.