Green Beans with Cranberry, Orange and Ginger Sauce
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 5 mins
A dipping sauce for green beans that kids will love. You can make it a day ahead.
To prepare the green beans, steam 2 (12-ounce) packages of green beans in the microwave according to the package directions. Place in a large bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange, divided
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender jar or food processor bowl (reserving half the grated orange rind). Blend or process until almost smooth. Pour into a small serving bowl and sprinkling remaining orange rind on top.
- Serve in a bowl for dipping green beans or place beans on a platter and drizzle with sauce. (Analysis includes green beans.)