Cranberry Mousse with Raspberry Sauce
- Yield: 10 to 15 servings
- Cranberry Mouse:
- 3cups fresh cranberries
- 1cup sugar
- 1quart cranberry juice
- 3envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/3cup light rum
- 2cups cream, whipped
- Raspberry Sauce:
- 1-- (10-ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1-- (10-ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- 1/4cup light rum
- In a saucepan combine cranberries, sugar and 1 cup cranberry juice. Heat to boiling then simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir gelatin into 1 cup cranberry juice until soft, then stir gelatin mix into hot cranberry mixture.
- Add remaining cranberry juice and rum.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Fold whipping cream into thickened gelatin. Mix.
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart mold.
- To prepare the sauce. Combine preserves and rum with thawed raspberries. Refrigerate. Serve each portion of mouse with Raspberry Sauce.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior Service League’s West of the Rockies (Grand Junction, Colorado, 1994).