Cranberry Mousse with Raspberry Sauce
- Yield 10 to 15 servings
This delightful mouse is prepared using fresh cranberries and topped with a simple, yet delicious raspberry sauce.
- Cranberry Mouse:
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 quart cranberry juice
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup light rum
- 2 cups cream, whipped
- Raspberry Sauce:
- 1 -- (10-ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 -- (10-ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup light rum
- In a saucepan combine cranberries, sugar and 1 cup cranberry juice. Heat to boiling then simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir gelatin into 1 cup cranberry juice until soft, then stir gelatin mix into hot cranberry mixture.
- Add remaining cranberry juice and rum.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Fold whipping cream into thickened gelatin. Mix.
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart mold.
- To prepare the sauce. Combine preserves and rum with thawed raspberries. Refrigerate. Serve each portion of mouse with Raspberry Sauce.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior Service League’s West of the Rockies (Grand Junction, Colorado, 1994).