Cranberry Macadamia Nut Stuffing
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 30 mins
- 6 cups (approx. 2 loaves) King's Hawaiian Original Round Bread, cubed*
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoon additional chicken broth (optional)
- Cook celery and onion in margarine or butter in a small saucepan until tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sage, thyme, and pepper.
- Place dry bread cubes in a mixing bowl.
- Add celery mixture, macadamia nuts, and cranberries. Add the 1/2 cup chicken broth, tossing to moisten.
- Use mixture to stuff one six-to-eight pound turkey. Transfer any remaining stuffing to a casserole dish, adding the 1 to 2 tablespoons chicken broth, if desired, for extra moistness; cover and chill casserole dish until ready to bake.
- Bake the stuffing, covered, at 325F during the last 30 to 45 minutes of turkey roasting until stuffing is heated through.
Tip: To make 6 cups dry bread cubes, cut 1 1/2 to 2 loaves of bread into 1/2-inch square pieces. Spread in a single layer in a shallow pan at room temperature, loosely covered, for 8 to 12 hours.