Cranberry-Glazed Baby Carrots
- Yield 12 servings
Not only do these carrots look beautiful, but they taste delicious and are low-fat, too.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons light tub margarine
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, add the carrots, and boil gently, covered, until crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine margarine, brown sugar and cranberry sauce, stirring until smooth and dissolved. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until glazed and heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with pepper, if desired.
Recipe by Holly Clegg