Cranberry-Glazed Baby Carrots
- Yield 12 servings
Not only do these carrots look beautiful, but they taste delicious and are low-fat, too.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons light tub margarine
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil then add carrots an boil an additional 8 to 10 minutes. Keep carrots covered and texture should be tender but still fairly crisp. Drain carrots before setting aside.
- Over medium-high heat, combine margarine, brown sugar and cranberry sauce in a skillet and stir until, smooth. Simmer an additional 2 minutes.
- Add carrots making sure to stir so carrots heat through and become fully glazed, about 5 minutes. Add pepper for added depth.