- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
"My husband of 48 years and I have 6 children, 23 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren. We enjoy getting together for the holidays. I've had this recipe for many years and always make it for Thanksgiving Day - as well as other times through the year."
- 6ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/2cup chopped walnuts
- 1cup whipping cream
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Add the cranberry sauce, pineapple, and walnuts. Stir until well blended.
- Pour the cream into a mixing bowl. Using a mixer, beat at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cranberry mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a 12 x 8-inch glass baking pan or a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least 6 hours, or until firm. To serve, remove from the freezer and bring to room temperature or let stand for at least 45 minutes.
Recipe by Rita Heltkamp, New Bremen, Ohio