Cranberry Cornmeal Muffins
- Yield pieces
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Make these crusty muffins for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning.
If you use mini-muffin tins, the yield will be 36 to 48 muffins.
- -- Cooking spray
- 1 -- egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- -- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- -- Turbinado or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine egg, butter, buttermilk, lemon rind and juice in a large bowl; whisk well. Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture. Stir just until blended. Fold in cranberries.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle almonds and turbinado on top. Bake 15 minutes. Makes 24 standard muffins or 48 minis.