Cranberry Banana Bread
- Yield: 12 servings
- 2large bananas, mashed
- 1cup sugar
- 1/2cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1teaspoon orange peel
- 2cups flour
- 1/4cup flax seed, chopped in blender
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2cups cranberries, cut in half
- 1cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream sugar and butter. Beat in eggs and orange peel. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and flax seed. Beat dry ingredients into butter, alternating with bananas. Stir in cranberries. Turn into well-greased 9 x 5 loaf pan. Top with chopped walnuts.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and turn onto wire rack.
- If desired, drizzle with powdered sugar icing: 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, 2 tablespoons water.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association