Cranberry Banana Bread
- Yield 12 servings
This quick bread is full of delicious and healthy cranberries and bananas, then topped with toasted walnuts.
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed, chopped in blender
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, cut in half
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream sugar and butter. Beat in eggs and orange peel. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and flax seed. Beat dry ingredients into butter, alternating with bananas. Stir in cranberries. Turn into well-greased 9 x 5 loaf pan. Top with chopped walnuts.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and turn onto wire rack.
- If desired, drizzle with powdered sugar icing: 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, 2 tablespoons water.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association