Cranberry Apple Crumble with Maple Whipped Cream
- Yield: 8 servings
- 3large Granny Smith apples
- 3/4cup dried cranberries
- 1teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 3/4cup quick oats
- 3/4cup flour
- 3/4cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3cup lightly chopped pecans
- 1stick butter, chilled and diced
- 1/4cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Maple Whipped Cream:
- 1/2cup whipping cream
- 1/2cup sour cream
- 1/4cup pure maple syrup
- To make the Crumble: Preheat oven to 375F. Butter an 8-inch dish.
- Peel, core, and cut apples into 1/2-inch wedges. Cut the wedges in half crosswise, and place into large bowl. Add cranberries, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla sugar and stir to coat with spices. Spread mixture into pan. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and pecans in a medium bowl. Add butter and mix until crumbly. Spread evenly over fruit. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until topping is crisp. Cool on wire rack.
- To make the Maple Whipped Cream: Whip cream on high speed until firm. Fold in sour cream. Gently whisk in maple syrup. Cream will be thick but not as stiff as whipped cream.
- To serve: Dust with Crumble with powdered sugar and serve with Maple Whipped Cream.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association