Cranberry Apple Crumble with Maple Whipped Cream
- Yield 8 servings
Tart apples and cranberries star in this delicious dessert topped with maple whipped cream.
- 3 large Granny Smith apples
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup lightly chopped pecans
- 1 stick butter, chilled and diced
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Maple Whipped Cream:
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- To make the Crumble: Preheat oven to 375F. Butter an 8-inch dish.
- Peel, core, and cut apples into 1/2-inch wedges. Cut the wedges in half crosswise, and place into large bowl. Add cranberries, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla sugar and stir to coat with spices. Spread mixture into pan. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and pecans in a medium bowl. Add butter and mix until crumbly. Spread evenly over fruit. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until topping is crisp. Cool on wire rack.
- To make the Maple Whipped Cream: Whip cream on high speed until firm. Fold in sour cream. Gently whisk in maple syrup. Cream will be thick but not as stiff as whipped cream.
- To serve: Dust with Crumble with powdered sugar and serve with Maple Whipped Cream.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association