Cranberry Apple and Sweet Potato Grill Packets
- Yield 6 servings
A sweet and delicious side dish.
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 golden Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Arrange equal portions of the sweet potatoes, apples and cranberries in the center or six sheets of foil and sprinkle equally with the brown sugar. Mix the butter and cinnamon in a bowl and drizzle equally over each portion. Seal the foil, allowing room for the heat to circulate. Grill for 20 to 25 minutes or util the sweet potatoes are tender.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Five Forks: Irresistibly Delicious Dishes (Kerr Vance Academy, Henderson, N.C., 2010).