Cranberry and Ginger Chutney
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/2cups fresh cranberries
- 16-- dried apricots, cut into quarters
- 1/3cup chopped dates
- 2tablespoons minced peeled ginger
- 3/4cup packed light brown sugar
- 2tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine cranberries, apricots, dates, ginger, brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon and cayenne pepper in heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Increase heat to high. Boil for 3 minutes. Spoon into bowl. Cool to room temperature.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Serve over Brie cheese.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Wheeling’sThe Best of Wheeling (Wheeling, West Virginia, 1994).