- 1/2cup butter
- 1 1/2cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1cup plain 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 2cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2cups craisins or raisins
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Blend in the Greek yogurt. Sift flour, baking powder, soda, and salt into another bowl; blend into the creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Spread half of the batter in a greased and floured 9-inch square pan, or bundt pan. Mix nuts with 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half of the nut mixture over the batter. Sprinkle all 1 1/2 cups craisins over nut layer. Spoon remaining batter evenly over the raisins; spread carefully. Sprinkle remaining nut mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350F for 40 to 50 minutes, until pick, inserted in middle, comes out clean. Cool in bundt pan 10 to 15 minutes, then remove pan and put on rack. Serve warm. Glaze, if desired and decorate.