- Yield 18 servings
Warm diced chicken breast and bacon crumbles top a three lettuce salad mixed with sweet craisins and sliced almonds
I bring this salad to any group functions or family gatherings. It's always a big hit.
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (6-ounce) package Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 6 chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- Wash lettuces and break into bite-sized pieces in a large bowl.
- Add cheeses, Craisins, bacon, almonds, and chicken.
- In a blender, combine onion, sugar, mustard, and red wine vinegar. Blend and slowly add canola oil until well mixed.
- Pour on salad and toss or serve dressing on the side.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This salad is especially good when chicken and bacon are warm. Warm the chicken and bacon separately and spoon over the top of the greens.
—Audrey Misner, Price, UT