- Yield: 4 servings
- 1-- (7 3/4-ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1/4cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4cup finely chopped sweet pickles
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 1-- hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 1-- scallion, finely chopped
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 4-- English muffins, split, buttered and toasted
- 1large tomato cut into 4 thin slices
- 4slices Monterey Jack or Muenster cheese
- -- Paprika and parsley to taste
- Mix first 8 ingredients together. Place a tomato slice on each muffin bottom. Top with crabmeat mixture and 1 cheese slice. Sprinkle with paprika and broil 5" from heat source until bubbly and cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley and serve with toasted muffin top halves.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier’sRevel (Shreveport, Louisiana, 2000).