- Yield 4 servings
Crabmeat sandwiches are great served for brunch or supper.
- 1 -- (7 3/4-ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet pickles
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -- hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 1 -- scallion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -- English muffins, split, buttered and toasted
- 1 large tomato cut into 4 thin slices
- 4 slices Monterey Jack or Muenster cheese
- -- Paprika and parsley to taste
- Mix first 8 ingredients together. Place a tomato slice on each muffin bottom. Top with crabmeat mixture and 1 cheese slice. Sprinkle with paprika and broil 5" from heat source until bubbly and cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley and serve with toasted muffin top halves.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier’sRevel (Shreveport, Louisiana, 2000).