Crabmeat Angel Hair Pasta
- Yield 8 servings
The delicious one dish meal featuring crabmeat and angel hair pasta will become a family favorite.
- 2 tablespoons tub margarine
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 -- (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 -- (12-ounce) can evaporated skim milk, divided
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, cut in small pieces
- 1 pound peeled shrimp
- 1 pound claw crabmeat
- 1 pound blanched fresh asparagus, diced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the onions, parsley, mushrooms and water chestnuts in the margarine for 5 minutes. Blend the cornstarch in with 1/2 cup of the evaporated milk until smooth. Add this and the cream cheese to the skillet, stir until it is melted. Add the remaining evaporated milk gradually. Add the shrimp and cook 5 minutes more. Add the remaining ingredients and pour into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top and bake 20 minutes at 350F.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Baton Rouge’s River Road Recipes III (Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1994).