Crabmeat and Artichoke Pasta Casserole
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1tablespoon margarine
- 1/2cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4cup skim milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1/4cup Madeira wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1pound lump or white crabmeat, picked over for any pieces of shell
- 1 (8-ounce) package shell pasta
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2cup sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, melt margarine and saute onion over medium-high heat until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour. Gradually add skim milk and evaporated milk, stirring constantly. Heat and stir until sauce comes to a boil. Reduce heat and add wine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle lemon juice over crabmeat in a bowl, tossing lightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt; drain.
- Combine crabmeat, artichoke hearts, pasta, and sauce together in a 3-quart casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle top with Cheddar and green onions. Bake 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 568
- Fat 8.6g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 127mg
- Sodium 791mg
- Carbohydrate 73.8g
- Protein 45.3g