- 1tablespoon margarine
- 1/2cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4cup skim milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1/4cup Madeira wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1pound lump or white crabmeat, picked over for any pieces of shell
- 1 (8-ounce) package shell pasta
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2cup sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, melt margarine and saute onion over medium-high heat until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour. Gradually add skim milk and evaporated milk, stirring constantly. Heat and stir until sauce comes to a boil. Reduce heat and add wine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle lemon juice over crabmeat in a bowl, tossing lightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt; drain.
- Combine crabmeat, artichoke hearts, pasta, and sauce together in a 3-quart casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle top with Cheddar and green onions. Bake 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
Recipe reprinted with permission from One-Dish Favorites (Holly Clegg, 1997). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 568
- Fat 8.6g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 127mg
- Sodium 791mg
- Carbohydrate 73.8g
- Protein 45.3g