Crabmeat and Artichoke Pasta Casserole
- Yield 4 servings
This tasty casserole has a fancy flair with the crabmeat, artichokes and Madeira wine.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1/4 cup Madeira wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound lump or white crabmeat, picked over for any pieces of shell
- 1 (8-ounce) package shell pasta
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, melt margarine and saute onion over medium-high heat until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour. Gradually add skim milk and evaporated milk, stirring constantly. Heat and stir until sauce comes to a boil. Reduce heat and add wine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle lemon juice over crabmeat in a bowl, tossing lightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt; drain.
- Combine crabmeat, artichoke hearts, pasta, and sauce together in a 3-quart casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle top with Cheddar and green onions. Bake 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.